We have already told you how to upgrade Galaxy S3 International to Android N using CM14.1 custom ROM. Samsung Galaxy S3 T-Mobile was released back in June 2012. Galaxy S3 comes with 4.8-inches 720p super AMOLED display,1 GB RAM and is equipped with Exynos quad-core 1.4 GHz processor. The phone has got 8 MP back and 1.9 MP front camera. It features removable Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery. The phone operates on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean by default. However with OctOS 13 custom ROM, you can get your device updated to Android Nougat.
In this tutorial, we have put together all the necessary steps and materials required to update Galaxy S3 T-Mobile to Android Nougat via OCTOS.1 custom ROM. Don’t miss out on any step as each and every instruction is important to successful installation of Android Nougat custom ROM in Galaxy S3 T-Mobile. We always recommend our readers to backup the content before continuing with the tutorial. If anything goes wrong, the option of reverting back to previous state is always available.
In this section you will learn to create backup of all contents of your Android Device including the applications. Anything can go wrong at anytime therefore, follow the below tutorials to create the backup of data:
- Follow the Link to create backup of text messages and contacts.
- Follow the Link to create Backup of installed applications.
- Follow the Link to backup stored files, Audio, Photos and Videos.
- Note down the other settings like of GPRS and Multi-Media messages APN configurations.
If you have ClockworkMod CWM recovery tool installed in your device then we recommend you to go in recovery mode and create NANdroid backup of existing ROM. The restoration of NanDroid backup will automatically bring back all the applications, files, contacts, messages and settings.
Galaxy S3 T-Mobile USB drivers:
USB drivers are needed to create connection between computer and the Android device. Make sure to install Galaxy S3 T-Mobile USB drivers in your personal computer. While updating device, you may need to connect Android device with computer therefore, USB drivers are must needed thing. Here is the link to download USB drivers:
- Download Galaxy S3 T-Mobile drivers fromHERE
- We recommend you to charge your device to at least 80% before going with the update. Updating a device takes time and we don’t want you to brick your device just because of low battery.
- The tutorial is specifically for the variant mentioned in the Topic. This tutorial is only forGalaxy S3 T-MobileT999 An attempt to apply this update on any other device may lead to permanent damage to your device. Therefore, make sure the correct model number and make of your device before continuing with the tutorial.
- All downloaded software and ROMs belong to the developer. We do not endorse the functions performed by the software.
ClockWorkMod Recovery Tool:
Make sure that you have replaced the official Android recovery tool with the ClockWorkMod recovery tool. CWM supports additional features and lets you install third party Apps and ROMs. Therefore, for the Update to be applied to the device you need to have CWM recovery tool installed in your Android Phone. Follow the below link to install ClockWorkMod recovery tool in Galaxy S3 T-Mobile.
- Tutorial to Install ClockworkMOD recovery toolin Galaxy S3 T-Mobile
All set! Now let’s move to the step by step guide to update the device to Android Nougat.
Download the below given files and save them on your desktop. Connect Galaxy S3 T-Mobile with computer and move the downloaded files to root directory of SDcard of your device. We will be using them during the step by step guide.
Follow the below instructions:
- Disconnect the USB cable and turn off your Galaxy S3 T-Mobile.
- Switch off your phone and restart your device in Recovery mode. To do so, turn off your device. Press and hold Power, Hme + Volume Up key to boot into RECOVERY.
- Once the device is in CWM recovery tool, go to Backup and restore option and create Nandroid Backup. After creating backup, go back to main recovery menu.
- Now move to wipe data/factory reset option and confirm the action. This will restore the device to factory defaults and lessen the chances of clash between old and new ROM.
- Now move to advanced option from main recovery menu and perform the “Wipe dalvik cache” action. Once done. Go back to main menu.
- Now we are all set to update Galaxy S3 T-Mobile to Android Nougat custom ROM. Select “install zip from sdcard” followed by” chose zip from sdcard”. Navigate to where you copied the Android Nougat ROM, select it and confirm the installation by pressing power button. The ROM installation process will begin.
- After ROM is installed, it is time to install the Google Applications. Repeat the above step again and this time select GApps package and install them.
- Once you are done installing everything that was needed, go back to main recovery menu and restart the device in normal mode by selecting “reboot System now”.
Your device will now reboot and newly installed ROM will be loaded. You now have Android Nougat custom ROM installed in your Galaxy S3 T-Mobile. Enjoy the latest features of Android Nougat on your device.
Most of the time after the custom ROM update, device doesn’t reboot and goes to boot loop. If you ever face such situation, enter in CWM recovery mode and go to Wipe data/factory reset option and wipe all data. The device will now boot into new custom ROM successfully.
Restoration of Previous ROM:
If anytime you want to get back to previous ROM, from CWM recovery tool select backup and restore option, then select restore and chose the NANdroid backup already created and stored in Phone’s memory. Previous ROM will get restored.
For any queries, you can write to us in comments section below!