Rooting Samsung Galaxy s3 mini will allow you to get root access of phone and installing ClockworkMod CWM recovery lets you install custom ROMs in your Galaxy S3 mini. In this tutorial we will learn to root Samsung Galaxy S3 mini i8190 on Android 4.1.2 and will install ClockworkMod CWM recovery tool. Before continuing with the tutorial; double check the correct model of your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Some necessary tasks:
- Enable USB debugging mode of your phone by going to settings and then Developers options.
- Although, saved data and apps will not be deleted, however, for safer side create backup of important text messages and contacts.
- Similarly, make backup of gallery items and other important files.
- Don’t put your device on charging while rooting and installing CWM recovery tool.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S3 mini:
- Turn Samsung Galaxy S3 mini off and then reboot in download mode. Press and hold volume down, power and menu button all at the same time until warning appears on the screen. Press volume up button to enter into download mode.
- Run Odin3 on personal computer and connect Galaxy S3 mini with computer using data cable. ID: COM box on Odin3 will turn yellow or blue once it has detected Galaxy S3.
- Now clock on PDA button and select CF Root file already downloaded and saved on desktop. Leave all Odin3 settings at default. Now hit start button to begin rooting.
- Your phone will restart a few times during the process. Wait until rooting completes and when ID: COM box turns green along with pass message displayed on the screen, unplug phone and restart it in normal mode.
Your device has now been rooted, you can check it by downloading root checking app from play store. Now we can move on to install clockworkMod recovery tool.
Steps to install CWM recovery in Galaxy S3 mini:
- Switch off your device and then switch on in download mode just like told above.
- While Odin3 is running, connect your device again with computer after which ID: COM box shall turn yellow. Now select the CF recovery file by clicking on PDA button. Make sure that only F.Reset and Auto Root options are checked while all other are unchecked.
- Now hit start button to begin installation. Wait until CWM recovery installs in Galaxy S3 mini and then disconnect it from computer. Reboot it in normal mode and you have CWM installed in your smartphone device.
Now that you have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery in Samsung Galaxy S3 mini i8190, you can install custom ROMs and update your device with additional software. Enjoy updating your Galaxy S3 mini and share with us in comments below of you find any difficulty during installation.