Android M Developer Preview is already out for Nexus devices. If you want to experience new ‘M’ experience, you can get your hands on the latest Android OS. Yesterday, we brought you tutorial to install Android M Developer Preview on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 9 and Nexus Player. Considering this, a popular XDA member ‘ChainFire’ has brought guide to root Android M Developer Preview. The root utilizes the kernels released earlier by developer ‘DespairFactor’. The root makes use of SuperSU beta version 2.49 which you need to flash using TWRP recovery tool.
The root is available only Nexus 5 and Nexus 6. Don’t try the tutorial on any other device as it may cause it to brick. Proceed with caution as we will not be responsible for any damage to your device.
Before you begin, you need to consider following list of points:
- Install USB drivers for Google Nexus on your PC. [ Download Here ]
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device. This can be done by heading to Settings > About and tapping 7 times on build number to enable Developer’s options. Then, navigate to Developer Options to enable the USB debugging mode.
- Back up the personal contents and files on your device. Click here to do so.
- You should have more than 80 percent battery on your device. So that, you can carry out the process smoothly and without any interruption.
Here are the files that are required to be downloaded:
- SuperSU beta v2.49
- Despair kernel: Nexus 5
- Despair kernel: Nexus 6
- TWRP recovery tool [ Nexus 5 | Nexus 6 ]
Steps to root Android M Developer Preview on Nexus 5 & Nexus 6:
Here is the step-by-step guide for rooting Android M Developer Preview:
- Install TWRP recovery tool as per your device.
- Move the custom kernel and SuperSU file to your device storage.
- Switch off your device.
- Reboot your device in ‘Recovery’ mode by holding Power, Volume Up and Volume Down key.
- Select ‘Install’ option, browse the downloaded custom kernel file and confirm your selection.
- Flash the SuperSU file by again rebooting your device in ‘Recovery’ mode.
- Once the process completes, simply reboot your device.
That’s it! You have successfully performed tutorial to root Android M Developer Preview.
For any queries and questions, you can ask us in comments section below.