ClockWorkMod CWM recovery tool is a quick way of installing official ROMs, Custom ROMs, kernels and other third party Apps. Developers have made a lot of exciting custom ROMs for Galaxy Note 2 device. In order to update the device and install custom ROM in Galaxy Note 2, CWM must be installed. Therefore, in this tutorial we will learn to install CWM recovery tool in galaxy Note 2 N7100.
The tutorial is written specifically for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 International version. Please, make sure the correct model before continuing as the files that will be used for installation are only for N7100 version of galaxy Note 2.
Device must have more than 50% of battery charge as it cannot be put on charging during installing CWM recovery mode.
1) ODIN3 V3.07
Download the above mentioned files and save them on desktop. Run ODIN3, click on PDA button and mount the CWM recovery tool file.
Steps to Install ClockworkMod recovery tool in Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100:
1) Go to phone’s settings and then move to developers’ option. There you will find the USB debugging option. Turn on the USB debugging option.
2) Turn off the device and reboot in download mode. Press and hold volume down+Power+Menu button all at the same time until the Android Logo appears. Now press the volume up button to enter in recovery mode.
3) While ODIN3 is running and when the device is in download mode, connect the device with computer with USB cable. ID: COM box on Odin will turn blue indicating the successful detection of device.
4) Make sure to mount the ClockworkMod recovery tool in PDA section of Odin3. Leave all other settings to default and click start to begin flashing. It will take few minutes to flash CWM in Note 2 device.
5) Device may reboot during the process. Do not unplug the USB cable until unless Pass message appears on ODIN3.
6) You have now successfully installed ClockworkMod recovery tool in Samsung Galaxy Note 2. In order to enter in CWM recovery mode; turn off the device, press and hold volume Up + Power + Menu button until the device enters in ClockWorkMod recovery mode.
That’s it. You are now good to install Custom ROMs and other Apps in your device. Make sure to follow the instruction carefully and do ask us about any problem in comments below.